8 Images of Passion Sunday Shrouding - Discomfort Before the Truth

Rev. James L. Bartoloma, J.C.L., Chancellor - Diocese of Camden

Lenten veils dramatize the separation of sin.




This is My Body which shall be delivered for you; this is the chalice of the New Testament in My Blood - Communion Verse, Passion Sunday


The veil suggests our discomfort before the truth, especially before the judgment of the Cross. 



The veil silently declares “that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil”



Jesus is obliged to hide Himself when humanity  stones Divinity (John 8)




Introit - Psalm 42 Judge me, O God, and distinguish my cause from the nation that is not holy; deliver me from the unjust and deceitful man. For Thou art God and my strength.  Send forth Thy light and Thy truth; they have conducted me, and brought me unto Thy holy hill, and into Thy tabernacles.  Judge me.



No comments:

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.